Encore/After Effects not linking button to video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Encore/After Effects not linking button to video

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

My whole menu was designed in photoshop and then animated in AE. After that it was rendered into a movie (avi) and all setup in encore. For some reason even though I told it to link to a certain chapter in there but when I preview it doesn’t show up clickable. Loop point is at 0 for 20 tomes.

Participant

Ok I got it to link right but now when you are previewing it will enable you to click on the 3 buttons but no outline is around the box like other menu’s I have done. I burned it onto a DVD just to try and the menu works great except you cannot select anything because nothing highlights.

Participant

Did you make buttons as seperate elements? How did you inport them? Can you select them and move them around? I bring em in as png files.

Participant

After a little research, I edited the menu again in photoshop and added a (=1)WordHighlight layer and that seems to work. However the color it changes when highlighted is not smooth. Looks jagged a little.

Participant

You could try to blur the highlight layer in photoshop a bit.

Participant

Since I cannot seem to get it working, here is the button and then its highlighted counter part in PS. However when I save and then preview in Encore, it just highlights the words the colors set in the Menu Color Set. How can I make the image have this highlighted effect?

Button – http://www.svtcobraltd.com/button.gif

Highlighted – http://www.svtcobraltd.com/button_highlighted.gif

Participant

Don’t use a gif. It’ll look all jaggedy.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap