encoding

• This topic has 8 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 17 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

How do I encode a CD or DVD to launch automatically when played in a computer? Also, is it possible to encode a CD or DVD to automatically repeat itself?

Inactive

Hey Chris:

You can download this freeware to do it for you.

http://www.ashzfall.com/products/autorun/

Also, many CD burner software titles offer this as a burn option.

Basically, you have to create a file on the CD/DVD called autorun.inf and you’ll also need to make an executable called autoplay.exe on the root directory of the disk.

I don’t know if this works for MACs.

Inactive

Lee,

I’m surprised by Vegas one more time!

As I have been looking for someway or the way to encode cd’s and dvd’s to launch automatically, I came across the multimedia portion of Vegas. It encodes the media for me. Chaulk up another one for Vegas.

Inactive

You know one of the things I don’t use Vegas or DVDA for is CD / DVD burning. I’ll create an image on disk, then I use dedicated burning software for this purpose. Once you make a disk image of your project, it’s much faster to use Nero or NTI DVD maker to burn the image to disk. Since most of my DVDs are going to be replicated, my final output for DVD is usually to DLT Tape, which the replication house I use requires. I hope the new version of DVDA supports writing to DLT Tape.

Inactive

Lee,

Help me understand what you mean by “create the image on disk”.

BTW, if I render my project to the MPEG2, will my dvd program (not Vegas, it’s Sonic MyDVD, I just bought the new Roxio EMC7) be able to use it?

Inactive

In the case of DVDA, it simply means putting the files that comprise your DVD on your hard drive instead of writing them directly to DVD. DVDA calls it “preparing your DVD Folders”. If you look at any DVD from a Windows perspective, say using Windows Explorer or My Computer, you’ll see that there are two folders on the DVD. [VIDEO_TS] and [AUDIO_TS]. The VIDEO_TS folder holds the actual DVD data, the [AUDIO_TS] folder is empty – but must be present anyway.

There are advantages to writing your DVD to hard disk before you burn the DVD media. First, it’s much faster, since hard drives write faster. You can ‘test drive’ the DVD on the hard drive to make sure everything is cool, to avoid wasting DVD platters. You can use dedicated burner software (e.g. Roxio CD/DVD Creator) to copy the two folders directly to a DVD (much faster than using DVDA to do it). This is especially significant When you have to make multiple copies of the same DVD. You can store several DVD folders on your hard drive(s) and then select and burn them as needed.

I should point out that the term ‘disk image’ also refers to a ‘carbon copy’ of a CD created on your hard disk. It is usually in the form of a single large file (say, 650 Mb), with an extension of .iso. For example myaudio.iso. This is a true ‘carbon copy’ of a CD, that dedicated burning software can both create on your hard drive (if you’re copying or writing a data CD), and transfer to a CD platter, using the appropriate command in the burner software.

Inactive

I forgot to answer your question about Sonic My DVD! If you look through the options of the Vegas/Mainconcept Encoder settings, you’ll find many template options. Normally, if you plan to use DVDA, you should pick the [DVD Architect NTSC DVD Video Stream]. For My DVD, I would pick the [DVD NTSC] template and see how that encoding template works first. You could also try the [DVD NTSC Video Stream] template. You’ll have to experiment. Try it on your hard drive first so you don’t waste a DVD patter.

NOTE: Since you have DVD Architect, there’s no reason to bother with My DVD, unless you just want to play around with it.

Inactive

Lee,

Is your email showing correct on the above listing?

Inactive

Thanx Chris

Fixed it in my profile

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best lenses for video — 2021

Lenses are key to making your favorite camera create the images you envision. These are the best lenses for video available today.
homicide-bootstrap