Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › DIY › EFIXMO – external video monitor from notebook.
- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 11 years, 3 months ago by Anonymous.
February 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM #48581AnonymousInactive
Hi. I’m not sureDIY is the best place, but because I do it myself, I write about it here. Exceme me language mistakes, English it is not my native language.
I was looking for external video monitor for my videocamera. Of course, professional monitors were to expensive. Notebook + Adobe OnLocation, too. So… I do my own software.
If you are interested, I would like to presents Efixmo, very simply piece of video software (this is not spam, it is free soft, no adds etc.)
Before you try it (IF you try…), remeber two things:
– I’m not proffesional developer and sometimes my software doesn’t wokrs on some platforms and
– you can see generic/trojan alert from your antiviurs software. This is false positive, but if you affraid, do not tryi it. OK, go on!
Short about Efixmo:
– it looks like this:
– Works under Windows (only!) – XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home Premiu, Windows 7 Home Premium. Maybe other, I didn’t try. DirectX 9 and graphics card in 1024×768 mode (or higher) required.
– no installation needed – single exe file (but it use temporary folder)
– designed for PAL DV videcameras working in 4:3 and 16:9 mode, but works with every video source listed in device’s window (bottom left),
– you can use 16:9 mask on 4:3 video (letterbox), 1.85:1 and 1.35:1 too.
– you can use center mark, tv safe frame etc.
– you can snapshot current frame (with all overlays, snapshot resolution depends from screen resolution) – BMP format.
– you can overlay external still image (bitmap) over live video. If you want use it, prepare 768×576 (for PAL) BMP file. Attention! Do not use Photoshop, it save BMP files with wrong header, Efixmo crash when you use it. Convert Photoshop’s BMP files with Paint or other software.
White (255,255,255) is transparent (similar to GIF files)
– you can set transparency of overlays (five steps)
– it is free, no activation, no registration, you can use it at work and home.
– unfortunatelly, web page, manual for efixmo are in Polish 🙁
Efixmo at work:
And sample screenshot:
At last – you can download it at my site, here: http://www.efix.pl/download/cat_view/3-efixmo.html
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.