Editing Video using Microsoft Video Maker

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Help. I have recently started using a Sony HDR-SR12E camcorder. I have down loaded the video using the Sony Picture Motion Browser (PMB) supplied. That is fine for editing but I would like to use Microsoft Video Maker (MVM) which came within MS Vista Home Premium. I am unable to get the video clips into MVM. When trying to import video clips, and clicking on the folder – the folder is empty, yet when you go back to PMB they are there. What am I doing wrong? A very frustrated editor. I am not an expert with computers so please don’t make responses too technical. Thank you.

Inactive

The Vista editorhas to support the filetype to work. That’s probably m2ts/AVCHD/MP4. First see what Vista’seditor supports then convert your caps if necessary or down-convert the cap in the cam to a compatible file. You’ll be forced to save whateverVista can which isjust one reasonit’s not recommended. Maybe start with a little intro editor like Movie Studio or Video Studio. You’ll also need to check if your computer has enough grunt to handle native editing and possibly have to upgrade or buy a new computer.

Inactive

Thank you. I can convert edited clipsusing the Sony software to .wmv format which will be accepted by Windows Movie Maker. That is the route I am trying at the moment. It works reasonably well but it is of course long winded. I have got a new computer to handle the video so I know that it OK. I note your suggestions for Movie Studio or Video Studio. I will research them. What I would like is software which will take in the Sony .m2ts format, fine edit the clips and then put them into a story board adding titles and sound as you go. Are Movie Studio and Video Studio capable to handling my requirements?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best tripods for video — 2021

Carefully comparing and reviewing system specs will ultimately help you find the best tripod to fit your needs and your budget.
homicide-bootstrap