Editing Video using a Celeron Processor?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Editing Video using a Celeron Processor?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

According to my son-in-law, the Celeron series is somewhat less powerful than other Intel CPUs, but not drastically so and it takes much less power, making it a good choice for laptops. At nearly 3 gigahertz, you should be fine, but I’d go with 1gig of RAM, not 500meg. Be sure you have a second drive for video files (don’t use the system C: drive) and if possible, use SATA 3.0 not IDE. For the final word, always check the "System Requirements" of your software, and always go with a faster computer and twice the memory they say is the minimum.

Participant

Hello: I have an extra computer at my mother’s house that uses a Celeron Processor. Whenever I am in town, I want to be able to use her computer for editing projects that I can’t do when I am away from home. Question: Can I use her computer to do it? It has a 2.93 GHZ, Celeron (R) processor. I plan to upgrade it to over 500 MEGS of RAM, but will this be enough to do editing with more inexpensive programs like Pinnacle, Roxio, or Nero? Just curious if anyone has any experience trying to edit video with a Celeron processor. My old friend referred to Celerons as "crippled Pentium chips". Steve

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap