Editing using Power Director 3

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, I am using Power Director 3. I am trying to trim a peice off a movie which I captured from my Cam Recorder to my computer. I have imported it into my edit field, I then trim the peice I want to have removed but I have no where to save it to, there does not appear to have the facility too save it. I am sure there is a place to do this, but I am not doing it correctly, can any one help me or explain how I should be editing a peice out of the movie.

Inactive

I do not use Power Director, but my guess is it works like other editing programs when it comes to trimming clips.

If I understand your question correctly, you’re trying to do one of two things.

1) You’re trying to save the piece you’re trimming off. If that’s the case, you cannot do that. (Why would you want to?) Keep in mind that trimming off a piece of video does NOT affect the original captured video from which you’re editing, so you’re not losing the trimmed off piece forever.

2) You’re trying to save what’s left of the video after you trim off what you don’t want. Again, I’m not familiar with Power Director, but I have to believe there’s a way to save your finished, edited video as a new video file. Check the program’s help file.

If I misunderstood what you’re trying to do, I apologize.

Inactive

I too am unfamiliar with power director. I have seen it but never used it. From what I have seen it looks like a similiar program I have used in the past. Check to see if there is a way to split the videoclip at the playhead rather than clip it. That way it seperates the clip into two parts to do what you want with.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best cinema cameras — 2021

Determining the best cinema cameras on the market today can be complicated. Here are the first cameras you should consider
homicide-bootstrap