Editing Software for Newbies?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi everybody!

I’m a new to the video editing world. I would like to know what are the best software for beginners? Currently, I’m using Pinnacle Studio 11 Plus. I’m just shooting family videos. But I’m still dreaming of shooting other events like friends parties, office gatherings, etc. I’m using a Panasonic minDV camcorder.

Thanks in advance!

Inactive

brandon0409 Wrote:

First rule. Pinnacle Sucks! I have never had a good experience with their consumer software. I don’t know anything about their pro software but consumer SUCKS!.

I have three systems with good, new hardware and that software continued to crash my system. Luckily I got a mac and have never had a problem.

Adobe never gave me a problem. That is what I would recommend. Consumer & Pro.

Hey!

Thanks so much! So you don’t really recommend Pinnacle. Is Adobe easy to use for beginners? What kind of Adobe? Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro CS3?

Thanks again in advance!

Participant

First rule. Pinnacle Sucks! I have never had a good experience with their consumer software. I don’t know anything about their pro software but consumer SUCKS!.

I have three systems with good, new hardware and that software continued to crash my system. Luckily I got a mac and have never had a problem.

Adobe never gave me a problem. That is what I would recomend. Consumer & Pro.

Inactive

Another suggestion would be Sony Vegas Movie Studio.
      You can download a 30-day trial from Sony Creative Software:
      http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/download/step1.asp?catid=1

Have fun! πŸ˜€
      Ken Hull

Participant

Try imovie

Participant

Ulead Video Studio. Great product for its price. Coming with 30-day trial. Worth trying.

Inactive

I must recommend Premiere Pro CS3. Elements has the exact same format but with less options, options that you will want as you progress. Premiere is very similar to final cut. It sounds like you will become more than just a typical home user and it is not unlikely that one day you’ll desire a final cut system. Premiere will make this transition easier. Regardless of what system you choose, it is 100% garunteed that you will need patience, have to troubleshoot, and read things that you don’t understand.

Best Regards,

Corey

Participant

I must recommend Premiere Pro CS3.

I would tend to agree, but seeing as how you use Pinnacle Studios, I would have to say that you should try Elements first. Elements is an easier version to use, with the same basic results. I know that when I was using Pinnacle Studios 9, I grew fed up and got Premiere Pro 1.5. I installed it and started a new project for the first time and just sat there looking at it…it was quite overwhelming at first.

Go with Elements. Once you are comfortable with that and need more, get Premiere Pro.

Participant

If you’re just starting out, you would want a program that captures video from your video camera easily. Magix Movie Edit Pro does this without any hitches; it detected my Sony D8 camera easily and the beauty about this program is that you can switch easily between timeline and storyboard boards by just pressing the TAB key. Then there’s one-key editing function like T-key for cut clip etc. The titler is also straight forward and the green screen chroma keying is also user-friendly. In the end when you’ve done editing, the program helps you to burn your movie to disc with its built-in disc suthoring program. It even erases the disc for you if you’re trying out your movie with DVD-RW or CD-RW.

There’s a full free tutorial at
      http://www.freevideoworkshop,com

Check out this value-for-money program

Happy exploring

Participant

As Ken said above, Sony Vegas Movie Studio is a great deal for very good software for a low price. If you can afford a bit more (I’ve seen it for under $400), the full Sony Vegas+DVD suite is really powerful, easy to use and runs fine on my old machine (Pentium 4 2.53 gHz, 512MB RAM).

The Movie Studio product as most of the full blown version’s features but there are limitations which will annoy you should you really get serious about editing and video production.

Movie Studio version 8 is already out and when the Vegas+DVD version 8 gets released, I’m sure you’ll see some deals online for version 7.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2020

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap