Editing Software and Computer

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

What would be a good software set-up if I want to start my film editing career? I am currently using Premiere elements and it is good. I am running an athlon 64 3000+? How much ram should I run on that? What are some other inexpensive software titles that are more advanced? Thanks

Inactive

My advice:
      don’t buy anything unless you have to.
      If you find yourself repeatedly bumping into a problem, then look for a solution to that particular problem, and you’ll eventually wind up with a system that works for you. You’ll know exactly what you need.
      ie: your computer constanty crashes due to insufficient ram….add more ram.
      your having trouble meeting customer deadlines and find your render times take too long…buy a faster computer.
      you find you often need an effect/feature your software doesn’t have…buy newer software.
      but don’t spend your money unless you have to…all the best equipment in the world won’t save your business unless you got customers and skills to go with it.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap