Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Miscellaneous Techniques › Editing SD and HDV files
- February 28, 2009 at 12:58 AM #37486asadovnikovParticipant
I’ll be shooting event using two cameras: Sony FX1000 (HD) as main one and Sony VX2100 (SD) as a backup (not to miss anything on stage). This will be my first experience with HD cameras. Then I will conbine both footages in Sony Vegas Platinum 9.0. Eventually I want to produce both versions: SD DVD and HD DVD. Questions:
1) I know that editor can render both footages into SD mode and produce SD mpeg2 file. Any problems, recomendations?
2) I do not know if editor can convert parts of SD footage (very small persentage of the total) into HD output? If yes, will it deteriorate quality of original SD footage?
Thamnk you for help.
- February 28, 2009 at 2:05 AM #166122RobParticipant
I wouldn’t bother trying to up convert SD to HD.
- March 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM #166123AnonymousInactive
Agree with Rob. The quality will suffer the up-conversion and you anyways will notice quality differences between each footage.Of course here applies the saying “Beauty is altogether in the eye of the beholder and some people can’t see the difference, so depends a lot of your client.
In any case Red Giant has a solution that you can check here: http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/magic-bullet-instant-hd/
- March 2, 2009 at 7:30 AM #166124asadovnikovParticipant
Sure,I do understand that quality of the up-converted SD part will beworse than quality of HD part. My question is: ifSony Vegas editor cando this or I have to use Red Giant?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.