Editing question?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m new to this site and also new to videography. I may have put the cart before the horse but, I purchased a new XL2 and now I need to look into some sort of editing tool.
      I am considering an appliance from Applied Magic (Screen Play, Epic), or maybe having a P/C built with video editing being the sole function.

Just looking for some advice.

Anyone out there have any experience with Applied Magic?

Thank’s, Reese

Inactive

I have been using the Applied-Magic Screenplay editor for better than 5 years now. I recently upgraded to the "EPIC" version which has a 400gig HD. Capture is real time with DV or analog input. The wavelet format is the main strength of the cool editor, which means better quality. This editor is not PC or MAC based due to it’s custom chip sets. Software enhancements are mailed to you free of charge- very nice! The user interface is designed to be simple and fast, with plenty of features selectable.
      I used to linear edit with 3/4 inch, then bought the Screenplay- I haven’t seen a faster editor for the money. This is a turn-key system, so you’ll miss out on some of those PC issues.

My web page has a shot of the edit screen: http://www.kbvp.com

Link to Applied-Magic’s "EPIC": http://www.applied-magic.com/p_screenplayepic.html

Inactive

It has been my experece that pcs dont work that great 4 video editing if you want someting that wil work right get a mac πŸ™‚ i have had no problums with them and osx comes with imovie which works ok but finel cut works much better

Inactive

macsrule10 Wrote:

It has been my experece that pcs dont work that great 4 video editing if you want someting that wil work right get a mac πŸ™‚ i have had no problums with them and osx comes with imovie which works ok but finel cut works much better

😯 You’re just kidding us… right?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap