Editing from DVD

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Can anyone reccomend software that can be used to transfer footage on a DVD-R to a format that can be edited?

Thanks,

-Alex

Inactive

Hi,

DVD Decrypter is a highly versatile VOB-ripping utility.
      http://www.dvddecrypter.com

Inactive

I have a stand alone DVD recorder and have mixed several music videos and other things direct to DVD. Now that I am done, I wanted to take the clips and edit them. Perhaps creating menus and adding material.

I can’t find a good way to take the VOB files and open them into a video editing program. I have tried DVDdecripter but the resulting output is still not accepted by Pinnacle Studio or Nero.

How can DVD files be encoded into a different format?

Inactive

drop one of the double Ds in the url and it should come right up.

Participant

dvd decrypter is now illegal to use in the us. they are now going affter people who use it. there is a replacement. i cant thing of its name. go to “www.doom9.org” and search around for dvd decrypter and you will find it.

Inactive

Use a TBC with S-Video in/out.

Participant

I use Roxio Toast Titanium 6. I select video and drop the dvd in. Then I highlight the content and at the bottom I select export. Then you can save it as a DV file to your hard drive which can be easily brought back it to your editing software. I hope this helps.

Phil
      http://www.altaregoproductions.com

Inactive

You guys are making it really hard. If it’s not copyright protected, A.K.A. if it’s on a DVD-r that you or a friend or relative or that level of work made, then most likely you can just direct copy the *.vob file from the disc to your hard drive. If it let’s you do this, then you’re set.
      Right click on the *.VOB file and select “open with media player” (or click “open” and select “media player” as the program to use). If it plays, then all you have to do to make Premier or etc… see it is change the *.vob extension to *.mpg.

Cheap, I know, but vob coding is just another form of mpeg, so the extension change really doesn’t affect the file. To make it even more compatible with stuff (vob and mpg are compressed files and may look jerky in some editors) use Canopus Pro Coder to convert it to “editing DV” or whatever your favorite format is.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap