Edit technique: Transition clip from black&white to colo

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Miscellaneous Techniques Edit technique: Transition clip from black&white to colo

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Good Day,

I’m going to attempt to word it so as the goal is clear…

What steps might I perform in Adobe Premiere 6.5, to take a clip from the state of being a still framed clip that has been converted to black & white to having its color restored gradually-(keyframed?) and then once the clip is back to the original color, set the scene in motion again

(I don’t mean moving the clip literally around so as to apply a motion path to it–I’m trying to say it from the viewer experience – basically paused black&white;unpaused in color)

I hope I made some sense….

Is this possible in Premiere 6.5?
      If so, what are the steps in general? (any detail is very much appreciated–I’m no expert)

Thanks be assurred any help is very much appreciated,

T.
      tellerofgoodnews-video@yahoo.com

Participant

Make a freeze frame of where you want the effect. No duplicate the frame. Now make a black and white version. Now take the black and white version and put it on the timeline stretching out as long as you ant. Make it dissolve into the color version and make that as long as you want. Put the video at the end of the color still frames exactly at the frame past the frame you created and it will give you the effect.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap