Easy to use camcorder

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

This will be my first camcorder purchase and I really want something easy and uncomplicated. I love my Kodak easy share camera- is there anything out there that is as simple to use as this? My parents have a Sony and are having TONS of trouble with it (none of us are very camera savvy I guess). Anyone have any suggestions on an easy to use, idiot-proof video camera? Thanks so much!

Participant

They are all about the same. They all have an “automatic” mode which works fairly well. What you have to do is to read the manual and then use the camcorder until you get proficient with it. You can’t store it away in the closet after you buy it and only bring it out about 5 minutes before you need to use it. Like any electronic device, you have to keep using it and checking your results to see what you did right and what you did wrong. Then keep trying until the controls are second nature and you have a good idea about what to do before you absolutely have to do it. Like playing any sport or a musical instrument. Your first efforts may not be what you want but you will get better with practice. The beauty of “automatic” mode is the camcorder takes care of 99% of the technical stuff for you. You just have to learn how to hold, point and operate a few controls like START, STOP and ZOOM.

Dave

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap