You're using a beta version of our new web site.

DIY DSLR RIG

Home Forums Technique DIY DIY DSLR RIG

This topic contains 1 reply, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Woody 8 months ago.

• Author

D0n
    Participant

pay $200.00 cdn….

or…..

pay $15.00…

remove the lamp, bolt on a tripod quick release plate….

perfect for low angle shooting…

Woody
    Participant

Funny this comes up today, Thanks Don.

I’ve built many over the years and had some real good ones but this morning dropped 800 bucks for a Mutirig Pro. My wife somehow had to point that out this morning by saying I’ve probly spent 800 in PVC building them.

I will give my (as un-biased as can be) opinion of it after it gets here but after that anything you see me posting to brag about it just means my wife is looking over my shoulder. 🙂

D0n
    Participant

;0)

here’s a link of a couple test clips… considering I took the light apart to use as a video light, the bracket was scrap, added an old camera bracket and tripod release plate I had already, so the cost was negligible using parts I already had laying around and I can take it apart and re-use the bracket and tripod parts if I want to..

ophelia
    Participant

Don -re: yourfootage starting at.49, are your cats really named “DOF” & “Manual Focus”?

ophelia
    Participant

But seriously, your DIY workaround here is great. Do you have a photo of your camera mounted on the rig? When you shot the last section (outside in the snow) did you just set up your camera and walk? Or were you able to watch the footage through a monitor?

Marcel
    Participant

Here is a stabilizer rig I built. Total cost was about $30. I will have more photos on my blog at http://marcelkuemmetphotography.blogspot.com/PVC Camera Shoulder stabilizer

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/292021_10150301207288305_551343304_7908649_1105134_n.jpg

faqvideo
    Participant

Where did you buy the lamp – Home Depot?

Andre
    Participant

Wow, that is cheaper than my no cut or measure DIY frame stabilizer.

Good find Woody.

makingyourfirst.wordpress.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.