DVD/CD direct printing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I normally use Lightscribe to burn images onto CD’s and DVD’s. However, my latest video project quantity doesn’t allow this due to the time it takes for a Lightscribe image to burn. For this reason I am looking at printable DVD’s and can find little info on the good, the bad, and the ugly of what printers are available for direct to disc printing. I don’t want to drop big money as most printers do a pretty darn good job. Any suggestions on a light on the wallet DVD/CD direct printer? Keeping in mind ink cost because sometimes the printer costs less than the ink.

Thank you

Participant

Hi,

Check Canon or Epsom printer from Staple store or Best Buy or any similar stores to print directly on DVD this comes with software. Inkjet direct print is a good way to produce decent quality at low cost.

Regards,

YR

Participant

check this recent discussion too

http://www.videomaker.com/community/forums/topic/inkjet-printable-dvd-printer

Participant

Thank you both. Looking local NO ONE seems to carry on their shelves any of the DVD direct print printers. Afraid I will have to online shop so any input is appreciated.

Participant

Once you get your printer for direct to cd/dvd printing you want to also consider software other than what comes with the printer for some additionalflexibility. I use SureThing software with my Epson Artisan printer. The software is not to expensive and makes printing a theme on the disk as well as the case inserts fairly easy.

Good Luck

Participant

You can use any type of printer, labeling DVD/CD not all rely with type of printers. I suggest to try Nero, there is a disc labeling format that you can use, and it provides you standard size result.

http://www.digiteksf.com/

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best stock video sites — 2021

Stock video sometimes gets a bad wrap in the filmmaking community. In reality, however, we see stock video used every day in any number of applications. Below, you'll find our selections for the best places to look for stock...
homicide-bootstrap