DVD to CD

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hey yall, i recently sang with my local choir, and it was filmed by a good friend who owns a film co. he has made me a DVD of the choir. but, i’d really like to have the music on a CD. the only thing is he can’t do the CD’s. so, i was wondering if there was any way to put the DVD in, and transfer it onto a CD. as in, maybe put the DVD into my TV, and hook my camera up to the TV. when the music starts playing, i simply pres record on my camera. then, put that into a CD making drive, and make me a CD. but, i’m looking for something that will work. let me know.

Inactive

Do you have any audio recording software? If so, one easy solution would be to buy a 1/8" male to 1/8" male cable and plug that into the headphone jack of your dvd player and into the mic input of your computer. Play the DVD and record the audio directly onto your computer.

Remember: turn OFF the +1db mic boost or else the sound will come through very distorted. If you need more detailed information on this approach, just ask.

Inactive

Also, the Lite-On 5045 DVD/CD recorder does audio CD’s. It lets you make tracks on the fly or by stopping between cuts. The S-VCD’s it makes are really good. Capturing to the PC ic cheaper if you have the right tools installed. If you card has line in, you can get a RCA to mini plug adapter at RadioShack. By going line out to line in, you will avoid mismatched impedence/voltage problems that cause distortion or frequency responce issues.

Inactive

By going line out to line in, you will avoid mismatched impedence/voltage problems that cause distortion or frequency responce issues.

I tried line in when I was recording some stuff and for some reason it was coming in Mono. I may have a faulty sound card or something but thats why I always use the mic input. Forgot about line in.

Inactive

Make sure you are using the stereo plug, not mono like the mic is.

Inactive

from the audio "out" of the DVD player to the audio "in" of a CD recorder!!!

• Viewing 5 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Professional Fixed-Lens Camcorder Buyer’s Guide

Best camcorders for any video shooter — 2020

Professional camcorders are often smaller, lighter, cheaper, and have more controls than other cameras. These are the best on the market today.
    homicide-bootstrap