Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › DVD recording deck
- This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- February 23, 2006 at 12:19 PM #40978AnonymousInactive
I would like to know if there is a deck that I can record up to 4 hours on, using one DVD disk? I am not worried about quality as I am now using VHS, but do not want to have less than VHS quality.
- April 29, 2006 at 11:24 AM #174789AnonymousInactive
Ey up mate,
cant you just use a Double Layer Disc and Drive and let the Encoder Auto encode so it fits the disc?
- April 29, 2006 at 4:31 PM #174790AnonymousInactive
4 hours on a single layer disc is possible but the results will be less than VHS quality. Digital loss in quality is very different than analog loss. It will look blocky and pixelated.
In some instances its possible to record 360 x240 resolution, which is half the broadcast resolution of 720×480. Don’t ask me how to do it. I never use it. I have fit 2 hours and 10 minutes on a single layer with excellent quality.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.