DVD quality vs Digital Tape

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I was excited to burn my first DVD of a project this week. However when I played it on my TV the color seemed drab and washed out. I also noticed some artifacts during the playback. I rendered the project to digital tape and the color and image quality are far superior. I have burnt DVDs using VBR and CBR compression. Both compressions look about the same. It certainly seems to be a codec problem. The DVDs were burnt at the 100% quality setting in my editing program (Studio Plus 9) with the bit rate set at 8000 ( the highest avaliable). Is this a common problem? How do I burn a DVD that is as good as the source video? Thanks. Mike

Participant

A DVd output is only as good as what you put into it and how it;s processed. just because it’s aDVD does not mean it will be good, better or worse. If you are capturing video in a 4:1:1 Dv codec, then you will not get good color reproduction. If you ar using 8 bit software you are going to further degrade the source material if it is better than 8 bit. If the compression codec you use isn’t good hen that too is going to cause you a loss of quality. WHat system are you using, software, source footage, etc.

Participant

He is correct garbage in garbage out but if your source meadia looks good and the dvd copy does not then you might check your transcode settings or consider another software. what are you using to transcode your video?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap