DVD Duplication Services

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Can anyone recommend an inexpensive, good, reliable DVD duplicating company? I have a client that will be needing to duplicate a DVD I created for him and I am searching around as I do not want to purchase a duplicator at this time.

Charles, do you know Bill Mecca (facebook) or Jay Michael Long (here and facebook) who also know each other and are friends with me? If so, they both use a company I cannot remember the name of that seems to fit certain needs for economic DVD duplication. If you have no contact with them, let me know and I will try to find out the name of the resource they use.

Seems it was Kunaki that Mecca & Long uses, but at one time Long told me it was PC only. He went on to suggest a company called TrepStar that served similarly for Mac-based product. I never went to check them out but hope it gets you going in a good direction Charles. I hear you about not wanting to invest in a duplicator right now, but I have to say that even a 1-to-3 unit could save a LOT of time doing in-house duplication and possibly generate some xtra cash flow. The 1-3, up to 1-5 units in various brand are “dirt cheap” compared to what I paid for either of mine. Just saying …

Participant

I will take a look at 1 – 3 and 1 – 5 duplicators. I would like to find one that will print the label on the DVDs as well as my laser jet does not like printing the labels, too thick I think.

As you know, Charles, I’m working on the research, practical application and writing a book that hopefully will address the many issues, conflicts and options for printing and/or duplicator/printer combo units … which are MUCH more expensive. I STILL get by using an Epson (model out of production but several name brands all print dvd blanks with inkjet white surfaces and also have available constant ink supply systems that help save BIG BUCKS on ink). I will eventually need to pin down and acquire another brand/model printer that accepts/has CISS available. The duplicator/printer robot systems are WAY too rich for my blood yet. However, if I ever do get back into the level of bulk production I once had that is where I’ll look for the solution, not outside printer resources for a host of reasons, personal and otherwise.

Luis Maymi LopezLuis Maymi Lopez
      Participant

I use Kunaki several times and the quality is great. The only problem is that you need a PC program to upload your DVD. Also if you have a slow upload Internet speed the DVD will take a long time to upload (all my DVD took around 2 days). Since I’m a Mac user, I resurrected an old Pentium 4 processor Windows machine I had at my parents house and use it mainly for Kunaki. Prices varies from $1 to $1.75 per copy and shipping is acceptable.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap