DVD case and Sleeve paper

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have been scouring the internet trying to find the proper paper to print on for my DVD Jackets? I order some paper from amazon but it’s just glossy photo paper that has been perforated to become the size of a dvd jacket/sleeve. Anyways, it looks horribly cheap and unprofessional.

Can anyone tell me were to find the right paper pre-cut to size for standard 14mm dvd cases?

Also, does anyone know about sleevetown.com? they seem to offer better quality 14mm dvd cases than I can find elsewhere.

Participant

How do you guys print the jackets for your DVD or Bluray cases? Where do you get the paper and what type do you get?

Participant

What I do is design the sleeve in Photoshop and/or Illustrator. I export my project as a PDF, then I take it to a professional print shop. They’ve got nice printers, obviously they provide the paper (just ask to look at some samples), and sometimes you can even get them to cut it for you.

Participant

I use an HP colour laserprinter and use HPglossy brochure paper.I allow a bleed in my designs, and thentrim the pager in my guilotine. I gettwo covers per letter size sheet. I do the samefor librarycases but get only one persheet.

Participant

I use stock from Neato, the perforations are great. I also use Surething Labeler. Calibrating can be a pain – but it’s still worth it…

Participant

Hi,

First we call it trap sheet the cover of a DVD case.

The size is 7,125 x 10,75 inches.

You can use any software to design it Corel Draw is my favorite use landscape size paper letter size or legal size. (letter is alittle short but cost less and standard.

Paper to use is plain paper 32 pounds laser print 300 dpi.

That means you can creATE YOUR DESIGN EXPORT IT IN JPEG 300 DPI GO TO ANY COPY CENTER they can do the work.

This cost about 0,79 each and cut it to your dimension .

If you want full color make it 0,125 inch oversize (bleed) to cut it color.

If a large quantity your local printer can do the work this cost about 450$ for the first 1000.

Regards,

YR

Americas Printer dot com has GREAT prices for online printing services. I use them pretty much exclusively for all my printing needs. Their prices are way less than $450 for 1K runs or more.

Participant

Hi,

Normally we pay less per thousand this include trimming and clear coat coating (overprint) but in our calculation I consider about 0,45 each versus 0,79 photocopy center. Photocopy center cannot print a clear coat is laser printing.but compete for short run. I just mentioned our solution.

Regards,

YR

Participant

since we only make dvd’s for wedding clients, and each cover is an original…

We simply use a photo quality printer and photo paper. Sized and printed and cut with a quality rotary cutter… and off the shelf jewel cases.

The same epson printer we use for printing our inkjet printable discs.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap