DVD business card disks??

• This topic has 6 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

does anyone know where I can purchase Blank, Rectangular, Printable, DVD / business card disks?

I’ve seen CD business cards and mini disks with two sides cut off but the rectangular ones (that look like a business card) are nowhere to be found.

The DVD disks will hold 350MB of content (as opposed to 50 for the CD) – and of course can be played in most dvd players.

I tried contacting Verbatim, Ridata, Riteck even Sony to no avail.

there is one company in the US that wanted to sell them WITH content but not blank.

Here’s a pic of what I want.

(blank, printable however)

Inactive

Hank

someone is obviously making the disks. I did find a manufacturer in Ireland but due to the shipping, it made them no less costly than buying from a reseller here.

the mini cds appear to be prominent enough but they dont offer the 350MB of the mini dvds.

Participant

Our company actually has these rectangular business card DVDs. They are rectangular in size and shape, slightly bigger than the CD business card, but hold 330mb. We call them FaceCard(tm) DVDs and we have them custom-made for us overseas. We’re based in Los Angeles (Burbank, technically) but can ship anywhere.

We can give you a template to put your artwork onto it, and then we print them here. Cost is per-dvd, and differs depending on how many you order.

Check us out at http://www.facecarddvds.com or at http://www.petbirdent.com… or send me an email at karen@petbirdent.com and I can send you more info.

But I feel your pain… I had all my employees look for two months straight to find the DVDs, and then we had to have them custom-ordered and retro-fitted to our equipment.

Let me know if you need any help.

Karen Carlson

There is also Disc Makers. I thought this novelty would be cool but, after investigating, I became of the opinion that they are NOT handy, are a LOT more expensive than simply using and mailing standard DVDs in sleeves, and do not play or act nice in ALL DVD players – especially those of the slot-loading type found in many computers and where most recipents are likely to want to play them.

You can get a LOT MORE mileage going with the less unique, but more dependable and affordable standard DVD blanks.

Think about it. When was the last time you got a demo of anything other than ACT II popcorn, or a drink top disk at the movies, on one of these things. There are reasons why they arent so easy to find.

Participant

I’ve had these things fly around in my drive. Not good. The little mini-dvd discs are ok but I agree, just use a full size disc. You will get more storage and people love to get a DVD free. Even if it is your ad.

Carry a few around in your car and give them out like business cards. Even a blank DVD with hand-writing on it will get results.

Here is a cool marketing idea. Make a 3 minute video about your business. This can be a testimonial, a talking head or a tutorial. Whatever. Then go online and download an old public domain movie Search public domain movies here. During the 3 minute ad promise the movie after the ad. Then tag the movie onto the end of the ad.

Yes people will watch the ad to get to the movie.

I did a couple of DVD’s on the subject of cryptozoology and I made a 2 minute commercial about them. I went online and found a old documentary on Bigfoot and tagged it at the end of the ad. People loved it and I even get asked if I still have a copy now and then. It worked for me and helped sell a few DVDs. The added value of the movie made the commercial better and since the movie was related to the subject of the ad, it was all good. The spot was just me talking about the DVDs.

People emailed me and asked for it! I mailed them out, gave them away and even had one man come by my house to get one. It was a good marketing idea that worked.

Try ideas like that and see if it works for you. πŸ™‚

J.

Participant

That’s a great idea Jay!

Inactive

Alright. I’ll try this again. My last post was removed. Videomaker Customer Service wasn’t sure why because these types of marketing tools have really helped a lot of guys out-market their competition. Now, Ill not hide the fact that I love both video and marketing and most of all, how to integrate the two together in order to develop powerful marketing tools. If this information is not helpful, please let me know and I won’t post any more. If you find it helpful, please say so and I will continue to add to the marketing side of this forum!

I am the CEO of Text-to-Art and we offer develop and create Electronic Business Cards or eBusiness Cards. The way it works is you develop your marketing presentation, whether it be a video or a full Flash presentation, save it on a CD and send it to us. We will replicate it on a CD that can be a regular circular CD, a mini-circular CD or any other number of Shapes: a star, wedding bells, candle, heart, house, video camera, business card, etc. etc. It just has to basically be a symmetrical shape.

Note though, having the CD shaped adds to the over all replication cost. Often, I have found it just as effective, if not more effective, to hand out the mini-CDs or even a full size CD and invest the extra in a better CD jacket.

Now, if you have the video, but don’t have the ability to create the additional elements that make up a marketing CD, Text-to-Art can do this for you. This is what we do.

What works great is to start with your demo video, then at the conclusion, you can either ask us to place a voice-over at the conclusion that highlights the additional content on your eBiz Card. Alternatively, you can include that information at the end of your own video.

Either way, once the video concludes, the viewer will have several additional buttons which lead to additional information such as your contact info, package deals, your web site, additional videos, a really cool 3D Photo Wall that highlights photography if you offer that service or possibly just some photos of you having fun doing what you do, etc.

Even though the possibilities are endless, you dont want to get carried away and put everything you can think of on your CD. It should only include the information that will get you that next job. Many times you leave out certain bits of information to create curiosity that will either drive them to your web site or to call you. Text-to-Art can help you figure out how to do this.

For example, one item we ALWAYS encourage you to include is information your viewers naturally need and will have to obtain before the upcoming event your will be filming. For example, if you do weddings, you may have a list of all the local caterers along with their contact information, links to their web sites, emails, photos of past weddings they catered, testimonials, etc. You may even be able to get the caterers to pitch in and help pay for the CD since you are including them on the CD! For that matter, they may even pay for all of it!

Why include this info???????? Because it’s ensures your that your viewers will watch your CD! If they want that information badly enough, they will watch your presentation to get it. It’s a guaranteed commercial. How much is that worth?

Now, here’s another secret. Include an Animated 3D Logo at the very beginning of your CD. How does this help? Well, first it is really cool and your viewer will enjoy watching it.

Second, it places your company in the “cutting-edge, professional” category.

Third, it allows you to present fast-pasted, high powered music as your logo builds and as a voice-over presents your USP (Unique Selling Proposition). Your USP is what distinguishes you from other companies. Again, we can help you figure this out.

Fourth, it enables you to do Instant Brand Building. Your potential prospects will watch your logo build letter-by-letter, graphic-by-graphic for 10 to 20 seconds. If it is done correctly, they will watch it a second time. So they pay close attention to your logo build twice for a total of 30 to 40 seconds. Now, the next time they see your logo, they will instantly recognize it! That is what Brand Building is all about!

So, how does this help you? Simple. It will increase the amount of business you get. When individuals are trying to choose between companies, they often choose the one with whom they are most familiar. So, if they have seen your logo build twice a few weeks ago, guess what? They will recognize it and feel that they know a little something about you. They will feel more comfortable with you. After all, they have heard your USP, seen your entire marketing presentation, watched your videos and read/viewed a few testimonials!

Do you think youll have a better shot at landing the job? You bet ya! A job or two will pay for the CD, then after that, its all free income for years to come!

Text-to-Art gives a full explanation of how this works in their four videos on this page: Custom Marketing Tools.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know: brad@text-to-art.com

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap