DVD burning problems

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I’m a professional videographer but my knowledge regarding DVD burning is limited. I have a friend who is trying to burn DVDs using both Sonic’s MY DVD and Nero (version?). Not sure what type of burner. She says that when she tries to burn with Sonic it tells her the file is to large (I assume they are .avi files). Nero will burn it to a disc but then it won’t play back, not even with Nero’s software DVD play program. Sounds really odd to me. Shouldn’t Sonic automatically convert .avis to MPEG-2? Why will Nero burn the file but then not play it back? Any clues are greatly appreciated.

Inactive

I use MyDVD to burn all my DVDs and have virtually no problem with it, but I feed it MPEG-2 already created in Premiere 6.5 with the Main Concept encoding plug in. I’ve also used TMPGEnc output MPEG-2 as well, with identifcal results. I make multiplexed files (mpg – containing both video and audio)rather than m2v and wav files separately. My experience with MyDVD is that it doesn’t like separate audio although I believe it supports it. If your friend can create MPEG-2 outside of MyDVD I think her problem will be solved.

David Hurdon

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best Sony lenses — 2021

Sony has made a name for itself in the camera market lately. From its popular mirrorless line to its cinema cameras, Sony seems to be everywhere. The Sony E Mount has been around for about a decade. Since then, it's...
homicide-bootstrap