DVD Authoring, Burning & Duplicating

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently bought a Panasonic GS70 MiniDV camcorder. I would like to transfer my old VHS tapes to DVD and burn DVDs. Also I would like to transfer my new digital footage to DVD discs. Can anyone advice me which is the BEST SOFTWARE available for a newbie and which is the best DVD burner under $ 250. Thanks

Inactive

Personally, I like to use Ulead MediaStudio Pro 7.0 to edit my videos and then export them into Ulead DVD Workshop 2 for the DVD Authoring. No problems ….

Inactive

I use mostly Pinnacle Studio 9 for editing and author the DVD image on the hard drive, then burn it using Nero 6.6 (it is possible to author VCDs and DVDs directly with Studio but burning fails often).

Inactive

πŸ™ I have the Sony DVDirect (which was a Christmas gift) and it came with Nero 6.0 software. I have yet to get Nero working! I was able to make very short video clips (less than 3 minutes in length) but was not able to copy my own authored dvd’s. Lately, Nero has even refused to run. Sony refers me to Nero, Nero refers me to Sony, and I get nowhere except frustrated. I don’t have tons of money to toss around buying software. :'(

The DVDirect works great as a stand-alone product, but with the software, it sucks. It won’t work with Microsoft Movie Maker (which works fine on my computer) as it is proprietary and only works with Nero….. 😑

Terry

• Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap