DVD Architect – DOUBLING FILE SIZE?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hey all,

I’m putting together my first DVD project using DVD Architect and am finding it a bit confusing. I’ve added in my file, which is 1.3gb’s (almost an hour of talking head footage), and the “Disc Space Used” is reading 2.6gbs!

Why?

Participant

AH! Just figured it out.. the bit rate for the video was at 8kbps, but I’m doing this project (for archival purposes) at 4kbps.

So I guess my next question is.. is this a ‘double down sample’ and will it affect the quality of the image?

Initially I shot in 1080i, then saved the file as 720p with a VBR of 4kpbs (max 8kpbs). When I burn the DVD am I now downsampling again and will I end up with a crummy looking video???

Participant

720p is 1280×720 HD

DVD PAL is 720×576, DVD NTSC is 720×480. If your footage is interlaced, don’t deinterlace. Interlace-progressive-interlace again is the worst.Its best to render in the correct format and bitrate so your DVDauthoring softnot to transcode it again. Storage and quality are opposite. Try to keep the max bitrate for the length, but not less than 6Mbps.

Participant

ok, so an average of 6Mbps for the VBR. Then I have the frame rate as 29.970, and I’m doing 720 NTSC. I was putting the field order as None (progressive scan). I shot it in 1080i, are you suggesting NOT to initially render the videos that make up the DVD this way?

From what I’m reading it seems I should be saving just the video stream, then the audio (as .ac3), then drag and drop them into DVD architect.

From there I should make sure that my default video bit rate, and my frame rate are the same as what my original render settings were when I burn them onto a DVD from DVD architect.

Is that all correct?

Participant

Yes, you may choose the apropriatepreset – DVD Architect NTSC widescreen and customize what you need. Don’t mess 720p with the DVD format.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap