DVCAM tapes????

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I recently purchased a PD170 camera and was planning on using DVCAM tapes for the utmost quality. But, I can’t find them at Best Buy, or Circuit City. Are they already to old tech? Have the HD miniDV’s taken over already?

What is the best place to purchase DVCAM tapes.

Thanks,
      RB

Participant

compusolver Wrote:

Shop4Tech.com; B&HPhotoVideo.com, SuperMediaStore.com, Pro-Tape.com and other online places. DVCam is not a consumer type item, that’s why you won’t find it in many retail stores.

Tell ya what – I’ll trade you one of my VX2100s for your PD170, then you won’t have to worry about it. X-D

Nah… I don’t think so. πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
      This thing is to new to me and it looks like fun. First wedding with it will be in six days. Lots to learn. πŸ˜•

Participant

I have had my PD170 for about six months now and I have purchase all of my tapes from B&H. If you come across a better deal from another reliable vendor be sure to post, it I would love to know.

Participant

Fitzhufilms Wrote:

I have had my PD170 for about six months now and I have purchase all of my tapes from B&H. If you come across a better deal from another reliable vendor be sure to post, it I would love to know.

I found this one. Looks reliable, but of course that doesn’t mean anything.
      I’m going to give them a try. I’ll let you know if they work out OK.

Sony DVCAM PDVM-40 N
      $11.68 ea. based on 10+

http://www.tapestockonline.com/dv-cam.html?tsoref=googaw&key=dvcam_tapes&gclid=CK-QzqnZtYcCFRgJSQodKxnIOg

Participant

Thanks Hank. Good luck on your first wedding RB!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap