DV Video Infrared Video seems poor?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have an older video camera [about 7 years old] that has great IR video capabilities… unfortunately, it is a dead duck. I could stand at the bottom of a driveway and shoot my kids doing some trick or treating [5-6 m. away]. New Video camera IR recording seems to just stink… I can get a clear shot a few feet away but it is not good more than a few m. away — why has the IR technology gone so far down hill compared to a camera from almost a decade ago? Is there any consumer camera which has good IR capability to shoot my children special evening events, reasonable still image capability, good foruse during the day, and won’t break the bank [under $1k]? I am looking for something as a good upgrade from what I had before… I guess I could look on e-bay for the same camera… but looking to upgrade.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Other Camcorders’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best smartphone cameras for video — 2021

Nowadays, more and more people are reaching for their smartphones to shoot video. In recent years, smartphones have advanced drastically in regards to their shooting abilities. However, which smartphones boast the best shooting capabilities? After much consideration, we have...
homicide-bootstrap

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.