Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews › Forums › Technique › Editing › DV stutter in Final Cut Express
- This topic has 4 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 12 years, 1 month ago by Anonymous.
- May 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM #47686AnonymousInactive
Heya! Newbie here to Final Cut Express 4 and I had a quick question: When I playback DV-format video in FCE, I get this stutter that happens, like clockwork every 3 seconds. Does anyone know what that is all about?
- May 31, 2008 at 2:45 AM #196326
I dunno. Try trashing the preferences. Do you know how to do that?
- May 31, 2008 at 2:49 AM #196327
open a window in Finder. Go to your user name on the left column then library>Preferences>Final Cut Express User Data> trash the Final Cut Express Prefs icon.
I use Final Cut Pro 6, and in my computer it says “Final Cut Pro User Data” and “Final Cut Pro 6.0 Prefs” rather than what I told you in the last 2 steps. I’m just assuming that in your system that your files will be labeled like that. They could slightly vary though.
- June 1, 2008 at 2:44 AM #196328AnonymousInactive
What is the benefit of doing that?
- June 1, 2008 at 5:20 PM #196329
it resets final cut without having to reinstall. You’ll have to set up your settings again if you changed any
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.