DV camera on a budget

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

hello everyone, i’m looking for a dv camera to make short films and i have a budget of $500-$700. i’d like to have the option of an external mic b/c audio quality is something i’m very picky about. i’ve looked at the panasonic pvgs150 b/c i’ve seen good reviews, but i’m still not sure. any suggestions?

Participant

For that price range, thats probalby about the only camera that you could get. Although, it’s not really much better as far as quality goes than a sony or canon single chip. The biggest thing that most people see is that the panny is a 3chip, but that doesn’t mean the picture quality is necessarily any better than a single chip camera. The size of the image sensors has a lot to do with image quality. That’s why a pro camera might have a 1/2 or 2/3 inch chip size whereas a consumer or “prosumer” cam might have a 1/4 inch chip size. Just my thoughts on the topic. My advice, save some money or charge a better camera like a canon gl2 or better yet a sony vx2100 if you want some good quality SD images.

Thanks
      ~Adam Lohrey
      http://www.inmotionvideo.biz

Participant

thanks for that reply, i’ll keep that all in mind.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap