Dust in eyepiece viewfinder.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I recently purchased a Panasonic AG-DVC30 camcorder (which is fantastic). I just shot a stock car race for a friend and knowing that it would most likely be very dusty, I took the precaution of placing a Kata rain cover over the camcorder to protect it. To make a long story short, the video turned out terrific, but I now notice some dust specks on the eyepiece view finder (behind the lens). The video is unaffected, however. Is this something I should worry about? The camera itself was sealed very well in the rain cover and only the eyepiece viewfinder and the lens were "in the open". I had a UV filter on the lens. Should I get it cleaned?

TheDVshowTheDVshow
      Participant

Get a can of air found at most computer or office stores and blast the air in there- it should get whatever flew in there out.

Don’t shoot the air too close! just enough to get whatever went in out.

Inactive

Thanks for the help, I’ll try it!

Inactive

Thanks compusolver! I wasn’t aware that the eyepiece can be removed! I tried it, and it did remove some of the dust, but there is still some left (possibly beneath the glass in the viewfinder. I video taped another stock car race yesterday and the video was fine. As long as the dust isn’t affecting the camera or the video I can live with it. Thanks for the help everyone.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap