dumping mini dv to computer

• This topic has 9 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 16 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I want to dump my digital video to my computer but i dont want to use my field camcorder, is it worth buying a mini dv deck/vcr or should i use another mini dv camcorder.

Participant

help me convert mini dvto cd

Participant

i have a samsung camcorder no softwear what do i do to dump my mini dv to my computer

Participant

chine,

You need to connect your camcorder to your computer through a firewire. Next you need an editing program. If you have no software, someone may be able to suggest free trial downloads. If you are interested in purchasing software, I suggest Final Cut Express if you have a Mac computer.

Try googling “free video editing software” or similar phrases to look for a software download.

Participant

can i use my usb connection insted of fire wire

Participant

chine,

Many editing programs do not support capturing video footage via usb. I believe a couple of the consumer level ones like Premiere Elements do but I believe most don’t.

Participant

when i use my usb it keeps asking me for the soft wear

Participant

but when i use fire wire nothing happens

Participant

I’ve been told that USB isn’t made to capture video at all. So I wouldn’t even bother. You can use USB to do a file transfer if you had an HDD camcorder, but that isn’t the situation you are in nor would I consider it video capture. It’s file transfer. So do yourself a favor and spend the $25 for a firewire; most likely a 4pin to 6pin firewire. Look it up on google if you don’t know what it looks like.

When you connect your camcorder to your computer through firewire, nothing will happen. You need to connect it and turn the camcorder onto VCR/Playback Mode, whatever it may be labeled. Then launch the editing program. If you don’t have an editing program, you won’t be able to capture.

Participant

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap