DTE (Direct to Edit) Recorders

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      FX1shooter

I’m planning on purchasing 3 of the Focus Enhancements FS-5 DTE recorders. does anyone have any experience using them? are they worth the $$? do you know of comparable competitors?

Thanks

Robert

doublehamm
      Participant

I don’t use exactly that, but I do record to CF via a Sony adapter. I think it is worth the $ you spend not having to worry about tapes and dropped frames. That looks like it has a few more built in features like processing different frame rates and formatson it’s own? I wonder how well it is able to translate that if it is not coming off the camera that way. Or are they listing those formats as if they were coming off the camera in that format?

FX1shooter

what Sony adapter are you using? because this is for my FX1 and V1U…

Thanks

Robert

doublehamm
      Participant

MRC1K CF recorder. Works with any firewire camera. Mounts seamlessly to my Z5 though πŸ˜‰ It is a lot less than the DTE you described, but then you do need to supply the CF cards.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I own two of the Focus Enhancements FS-5 DTE recorders and I must say I love them. They are very easy to work with and the best part is the transferring of files into your NLE. No more log and capture; just import the files through firewire in less than half the time. I now use tape as backup, because you can record to both simultaneously. In the end it’s more cost effective. I give the Focus FS-5’s two thumbs up.

FX1shooter

Thanks for the Info! I will order them and let you know

Robert

Anonymous
      Inactive

i would also definetly recommend the Focus enhancement recorders. We have 3 of the older FS-100’s and they are great. The newer solid state ones are even better so you really can’t go wrong.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

The best royalty-free music and sound effects sites – 2021

Music and sound effects are a crucial part of any film or video project. Using royalty-free stock music in your next project is one way to cut costs without sacrificing quality.
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN