DSR-PD170 vs (DCR-VX2100E OR Canon GL2) vs Panasonic AGDVC30

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders DSR-PD170 vs (DCR-VX2100E OR Canon GL2) vs Panasonic AGDVC30

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

hi guys ..

i’d posted earlier in Production on making content for broadcast ..

anyways what i want to know now .. is a comparison on our first & second
      camera .. before we go into full production .. we figured we’d require
      atleast 2 cams .. & hence shortlisted 3 cams for our production stage & 3
      for our initial stage ..

the cam for full production stage will be ..
      Sony DSR-PD250 OR Sony DSR-PD170 OR Canon XL2

cam for initial test stage is one of the below ..
      Sony VX2100E OR Canon GL2 OR Panasonic AG-ADVC30

so it’d be gr8 to know ur opinions as to which camera to choose in both
      stages & why so ?

thnx
      renjith

Participant

I would go with the sony 250 and 2100. Why? Because they are the best two cameras on your short lists. The 250 would make a much better cam1 than any of the other 2 choices, it’s just a more pro camera with better control, and easier settings. The vx2100 is a very nice camera, and beats the gl2 and panny easily in almost all situations. And that way they are both sony cams, which makes life easier.

Later
      ~Adam

Inactive

ok forget that i mentioned PD-250 .. take that out of the eqtn. then what would ur choices be?

Participant

Before you get wedded to the PD250, do some checking on its capabilities and idiosyncrasies. I used one during an internship with the local cable company and it’s difficult to override the automatic features, such as white balance, etc.

Considering the $1500 price difference, I think the DVC30 is a good choice. Side-by-side image comparisons with the PD170 reveal very little difference between the two. Low light performance is similar, as are most other comparable features.

Participant

I was refering to a different camera, the sony dsr 250. Changes some things in that case. I definately would be in favor of the sony cams though, having used sony, canon and panasonic.
      later
      ~Adam

Participant

alohrey Wrote:

I was refering to a different camera, the sony dsr 250.

Actually, we’re both referring to the Sony DSR-PD250. While some may consider Sony products “more professional” simply because of the brand name, I was disregarding the brand and relying on direct experience with both.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap