Downloading from Camcorder to Computer

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I use a Canon VIXIA HF S21 camcorder. How can I download the video clips from the camcordr to my desktop computer?

Participant

I Larry. I just joined the forum, so I’m sue more experienced members are out there. But I’m an IT geek, so I’ll try to answer your question. You should have a cable that came with the camcorder. It will have a USB terminal on one end than connects to any USB port on your computer. The other end goes into the camcorder. The device will probably install itself and open up a window. Click on the “open to view files” option. Leaving that window open, click on “Start” and open a new window from”My Computer”. Find or create the folder location where you want to store your video clips. The open the camcorder files, and drag them to your computer folder. Once you are sure you have them, you can delete them from your drive or card. There are many other variables involved in transferring, but the basic steps are the same with digital video files. By the way, I live in Mesa too

That’s right! I’m not aCanon VIXIA HF S21 user but I believe that camcorder is tapeless and has its own hard drive. Just connect the wire that comes with it to your computer and it is like transferring files from your flash drive to your computer.

Cham

video production tutorial

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap