Download MiniDV to FCP with Prog Scan settings

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Download MiniDV to FCP with Prog Scan settings

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I was wondering if there was any way to download a MiniDV tape… and make the settings Prgressive Scan so that it is not Interlaced when it is downloaded.

Participant

if you shot progressive scanning then you should be able to set it up in your capture presets. If you didn’t shoot progressive, then you’ll have to take the footage into Compressor and deinterlace it. Be sure the Frame Controls are on to achieve the best results.

Inactive

How do you deinterlace in Compressor? Here is my typical setup.

I download from my MiniDV camcorder DV NTSC. Interlaced. 29.97 fps. Full quality.

If I drag that clip into compressor… What’s my next step to Deinterlace?

How will the quality look?

Thanks

Participant

Before we go on, is there a reason you want progressive footage? If you want your end result to be progressive scanning, it’s best to edit your footage in FCP with settings that match your footage, and then export a reference file for Compressor so it can spit out a progressive master.

To convert your footage to progressive, import your clip or FCP reference file into Compressor

Look for the DV/NTSC setting in your Settings window. Drag it to your clip.

In your Inspector window, select the Frame Controls Pane

Turn On your frame controls.

Output Fields: Progressive

Deinterlace: Best

Rate Conversion: Best

Click submit.

Deinterlacing takes a while. So be patient.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best After Effects and motion graphics template sites – 2021

You have the tools needed to create stunning motion graphics, but do you have the time? If not, using motion graphics templates can be a great way to add polish to a production without blowing your deadline.
homicide-bootstrap