Double, Double Toil and Trouble

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Okay, So here’s the set-up:

I need to project two short movies with two projectors. The movies are different, but have to be synced up 100%. I would like to run this off a DVD into two projectors, or even using a laptop: Is there a way I could use the dual screen monitor settings on Windows to "spill" the second movie onto the second projector?

I figure I could do some sort of PIP thing in Premiere as was suggested elsewhere on this board.

I can’t create two dvds and put them into two dvd players and click play at the same time as the movies are synced to live music, not pre-recorded.

Any help on this would be fantastic!

Jesse

Inactive

Hummmm Interesting!

Well you should be able to put up two separate screen shots but I think that you’ll have to use a larger desktop with a video card that supports duel monitors. There might be laptops out there that can do this but I’m I’m not sure. Sending a signal to 2 projectors is the same thing as sending a signal to 2 monitors as long as you have the correct interfacing.

I don’t think your problem is going to be that however. The only way (I see anyway) to get 2 video sources to sync up "perfectly" is to have them come form the same source. In other words you would have to almost have these two videos authored on the same disk as a single video so that you can control and make sure that everything is synced up perfectly. OK this would mean that you would have to have two video shots on the same screen side by side. But now the problem is that because this is now technically coming from one source (both videos playing side by side next to each other) now you’ll have to somehow isolate each separate video shot so that you can put it up on it’s own screen for your presentation. That’s the stumbling block.

I have seen something like this done at various trade shows and what have you but I don’t think that they have to be synced up as close as what you’re looking for. I have to think that either they have special equipment that can do this or they are actually playing from two separate sources and that this equipment is designed so that you can control the syncing of these different players or sources.

I guess it comes down to how close to you really have to have these synced up? If you’re talking at the frame level then I think you’ll have a tough time. If you can get maybe 2 laptops with their own video on them, there might be something out there that will let you cue these videos up and then you’ll have to hit play at the same time on both PCs or something. Hell, there has to be some software solution out there somewhere too! They have software for everything. πŸ˜€ The trick is where to look and do you have enough money! :'(

Sorry that I can’t help but maybe there is someone else out here that can! That what this place is for. πŸ˜‰

RAM

Inactive

opps! :-//

I sort of blew this one. I didn’t sse the part about the "live" music. I was more or less addressing being able to play two videos from one source and having them synced together with 100% accuarcy.

Yeah, Hank is right! Just cue up two DVD players and hit play at the same time. The director of the live music wll have to control the music pace as he watches the video with one of his 2 eyes.

Sorry about that!

RAM

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap