Doing wedding-Need mic help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I am just starting up in the Wedding Videography business. I have been reading many of the posts on this forum. This is a great resource. I have used many of the helpful hints found here.

I know this particular question may have already been answered, when in which case if someone could just direct me to the link that would be great otherwise, here we go.

I am doing 2 weddings in the next month. (These are more for my portfolio. I am just charging the cost of materials) One of which is outside. I don’t have any wireless mics yet and won’t be able to afford them before the wedding. My question is:

Are there any other techniques I might be able to use? I vaguely recall reading , I think on this forum somewhere a few weeks ago, about hooking a lapel mic to a small recording device and putting that in the groom’s pocket. THen obviously mixing the sound into the video during post.

Does this sound like a viable option? Are there any others anyone would suggest?

Thanks
      Brandon0409

Inactive

I agree with compusolver on this one. It might be worth it to ask them about paying a little extra to get better sound.

Here’s an option: rent a wireless mic. I know for a fact that even in small town Minnesota where I live, theres a place not half an hour away where you can rent a wireless lapel system for your camera for not too much.

If you can buy them, Azden has some neat stuff. I started out with a cheap Azden VHF mic, and it wasn’t too bad. I’m on the 200ULT now, and I love it, but they cost quite a bit. Each couple would have to fork out about $350 to cover the cost.

Like I said, look up the rental places. If they don’t have one, call a videographer or two in the area. If I didn’t have a wedding going on, I’d be willing to rent my mics out for the right price.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best micro four thirds lenses — 2021

MFT, or micro four thirds, is a popular mount style used by many manufacturers in conjunction with the micro 4/3 sensor. It’s good to keep in mind that micro four thirds camera systems use a smaller sensor.
homicide-bootstrap