Does anyone use those “specialty” keyboards?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Does anyone use those “specialty” keyboards?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

You know the ones with the colored keys for Premiere or After Effects or such?

I’m almost done getting the hardware together for my new editing system and was thinking about this. Does anyone have one? Are they helpful in the workflow or something you can live without?

Participant

No one I guess.

Inactive

Nope…

Participant

Nah!
      Won’t pay the money for the pretty colour on the keys !

Memory short cuts are easier. Use the program often enough, you automatically use the keyboard short cuts with out the pretty colours.

anyone use a keyboard with a jogger? I think thats the term – have like a volume control knob that you turn to do frame advancement

Participant

When I was editing on an iMix Cube I got very accustomed to using a jog/shuttle control. I’ve considered the Bella keyboard with the jog/shuttle on it for my system…but I’ve also considered just the Shuttle Xpress with a standard keyboard. Haven’t taken the plunge for either yet.

Inactive

specialty keyboard ~ $ 100 ~ 512 MB RAM
      What would you go for? I’d choose the RAM.

Participant

we sell the keyboards and our customers like them. The biggest advantage is that they help you learn the NLE. How? By making you aware of the shortcuts and then having you use them. After a couple of months, you’ll have them all memeorized, but if you didn’t have the keyboard, you may never have used the shortcuts.

We also have customers who like the keyboards because they say “Hey – I’m doding something cool with my computer!” I know this may sound silly, but it is kinda cool when someone asks about it and you get to tell them allt he cool stuff you’re doing.

Gary
      Videoguys.com

Inactive

Well ‘cool’ doesn’t necessarily say ‘pro’. I’ve actually seen more cases of the opposite.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap