Does anyone own or have experience with the Sony HVR-Z1U?

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Cameras and Camcorders Other Camcorders Does anyone own or have experience with the Sony HVR-Z1U?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

What do you like and what don’t you like about this camcorder and would you recommend it.

Participant

I own a Sony FX1 and work for a guy who owns a Z1. So I have pretty decent experience with both. Basically, the Z1 adds the XLR audio option built in. I typically only use wireless lav mics for my mic input so the mini plug works just fine on my FX1 for that. There are a few other noticable differences between the two cameras, but for the most part they are just about the same thing. I really like the video quality that comes out of these 16:9 native 3 chippers in HDV. Most noticably the picture looks amazing when compared against SD cameras such as my Canon XL1 or GL2. I do a lot of event videography, so one downfall of the camera is that it requires added lighting when shooting in low light situations. From my experience, shooting outdoors you get some of the best footage I have seen outside of the movies. What will you be using the camera for? Also, are you used to using other sony cameras? And my last comment, buy a couple of the big batteries for these babies, they drain them fast.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing — 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap