Displaying Date/time metadata in my video

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Displaying Date/time metadata in my video

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

I know that my camcorder records the date/time, and other metadata on the miniDV tape. I can also see that this data gets imported along with the video stream into my media files on my computer. I know this because if I copy a clip to my computer and back to the camcorder, the metadata is copied along with it.

I am looking for software to extract this metadata and display it over the video image, much as it appears on the display of my camcorder if I turn this feature on.

Does anyone know of some software that can do this? I edit on a Mac with both Final Cut Express, and iMovie. Is there a plugin for one of these programs that can do this? Is there a standalone solution? Something that works with quicktime pro?

Thanks in advance,

-steve

Participant

Hi Steve,

That’s an interesting question. It may be that Express doesn’t offer that feature. I’ll go check it out with both Express and Pro HD, and tell you what I find.

-a

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best live streaming equipment — 2021

These days, anyone with access to a smartphone can connect with fans and friends from all over the world. However, the more complex your stream, the more gear you’ll likely need. Each set up has advantages and disadvantages, and...
homicide-bootstrap