Display of work

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

How do you out there display your finished product? Do you use printable disks, sticker labels or light scribe? What do you guys out there use for DVD holders?

Inactive

I just got a lightscribe drive, and while it’s neat and all for some applications, I really like to do full color disc images.

For this, I buy printable DVDs and print them on an inkjet printer. Because the ink will run when it gets wet, I spray the top layer of the DVD with a clearcoat spray paint (like the clearcoat you can buy in an auto part store paint department). It gives the disc a glossy finished look, and makes the image water resistant.

Now, the "right way" would be to go and buy a thermal printer, but a thermal printe that’s able to print on 100% of the disc face in one shot costs a small fortune, so until I have it in the budget, the ol’ inkjet is the way I go.

For cases, Sam’s club has a 50 pack of slim DVD cases for $12. Or I can go to office depot and spend that much for 10 standard DVD cases. Tough choice, right? πŸ™‚

Participant

[quote="compusolver"]I just checked with my "purchasing agent" – we get Ritek, hub-printable DVDs at $26 per 100. I never get coasters with Ritek. And we get ink cartridges for $3 apiece or $14 a set.[/quote]

Could I ask where? I to have an Epson 220 and pay 14$ per cartrige and 26$ per 100 I’ve never seen before.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Camera on a hand held stabilizer

Best camera stabilizers for video β€” 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap