Digital Liquidators?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

There are ads every month in Videomaker for Digital Liquidators, are they reliable? I want to buy a camera from them and would like to know.

Inactive

Thanks man, I just bought the Canon GL2 from my local wolf camera and feel safe about it. πŸ™‚

Inactive

I wish I had read this sooner. In my far-too-trusting attitude I assumed that, because it was allowed to advertise in Videomaker, it must be trustworthy in the field. So, I ordered a Canon Optura 60 for my Script Continuity Supervisor from DL. I only even shopped the site because they were touting such low priced wares. After checking prices everywhere else, I ordered there because of the fifty dollar difference between them and B&H. All seemed fine at first. Then I got an early morning phone call. Having been up the past few days working on a shoot, I was far from coherent when this guy called. He stated that I needed to buy a battery and charger to go with my camera. I was confused and said I’d have to stick with the ones in the box to begin with. He said “a battery and charger do not come with this camera.” Still more confused, I replied in turn. Eventually through the frustration of wanting to get back to sleep I just told him to go ahead with it. Oh well. I got swindled out of about one-hundred and fifty dollars for a battery and charger which, according to the manual, do come with the package. On top of that, the one year warrantee information card was torn off already when I opened the package. Apparently you have to “pay extra” for the warrantee too.
      With all the extra charges, the price of the camera with all its normally included stuffs ended up being about one-hundred dollars more than if I had just ordered through B&H (which has been around for billions of years and is quite well known with a good reputation).

For follow up.

I called customer service at CanonUSA and was informed that the package was supposed to include the battery, charger, and warantee.

If the Optura 60 wasn’t such a darn fine product, I might be quite angry at this point. However, seeing as it is, maybe Videomaker should consider checking out Digital Liquidator’s customer reputation and give that loser a call. Meanwhile, I’m going to call and report this to the better business bureau, for all the good that will do me at this point.

Moral? Order from a trusted source which has been around since the eight-track days, and you should get quality stuff. Otherwise…

Participant

looks like videomaker has dropped Digitalliquidators from adspace since about august 05′, or they went out of business. I saw the negative posts on Price.com just in time before I gave those bait and switchers my money.

Inactive

Jonathan Decker Wrote:

I ordered there because of the fifty dollar difference between them and B&H. All seemed fine at first. With all the extra charges, the price of the camera with all its normally included stuffs ended up being about one-hundred dollars more than if I had just ordered through B&H …

I’ve had similar experiences. It seems every time I ordered from anywhere other than B&H because of “lower prices”, I ended up paying more than if I had just gone with B&H in the beginning. And B&H is proven trustworthy. I never buy anywhere else. πŸ˜€

Participant

Y’all need to watch out for Best Price Camera — same thing with them, they do the ‘bait and switch,’ advertising the lowest prices but really never having the items in stock. When you call them on it, they get all insulted when you use the term ‘bait and switch’ ! (LOL)

I also just ordered the JVC Mini DV and VHS dual dubbing deck from Abe’s of Maine (from whom I ordered lotsa stuff when i was in photo school), and they sent it but when it arrived the inside box was heavily damaged and the unit would not work! I called them and they refused to take it back. Currently it is in the local repair shop, and if they tell me it is a lemon (that the impact really did damage it), I am going to send it back to Abe’s of Maine and have it charged back on the credit card.

We really like Royal Camera (as well as B&H), they got us out of a bind when we had ordered the Canon XL2 from Best Price Camera and our deadline was fast approaching — i told them the story of Best Price and they overnighted the unit at the regular ground cost.

Thanks guys, this advice is priceless!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best laptops for video editing β€” 2021

For video editors, finding the perfect portable workstation is like catching a unicorn. It is no easy task to find the perfect balance of performance vs price point.
homicide-bootstrap