Difference between 2 Sony cameras

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

What is the difference between the Sony DSR-PD150 and the Sony DCR-VX2000?

Inactive

cuedog Wrote:

What is the difference between the Sony DSR-PD150 and the Sony DCR-VX2000?

The VX2000 is the MiniDV (prosumer level) equivalent of the PD150 (professional DVCAM). The same with VX2100 and PD170.
      I don’t know the PD150, but compared to the VX its most important advantage is the XLR mic input (dual, actually) and a mono shotgun mic and true 30 fps progressive scan (VX has half of this). There’s more. Check out its review at http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/sony_dsrpd150_camcorder_review.htm

Participant

Thanks for the replies!

This is my first post. I have been reading through a few posts and reading a lot of magazines about video and DV. I am thinking about getting into wedding video with my fiance. These 2 camcorders seem to be the most commonly used as far as events go. I have also seen the GL2. My budget is in the way of getting a brand new one like the PD170.

Do you use the camcorders for capturing the video to your computer by playback or do you use a third party DV tape deck or do you use some other means? I am asking this because I see a lot of reviews saying after a year and a half the tape deck stops working.

Inactive

Cuedog, equipment is meant to be constantly upgraded. So get that VX2000 or whatever you can afford and don’t worry about mechanism tear. At the station where I used to work until last year, one of the field cameras was a VX2000. They have had it for 4 years (it’s 5 years now and they still have it) and it’s working great both as a camera and a DV deck.
      But you can always pull out some $ 300 and buy any cheapo miniDV to serve as a VCR…

Participant

svhs you say that you could buy a cheap miniDV for playback. I have read that some people have had problems with losing frames, etc by using another device for playback or are these problems just small isolated problems?

Inactive

Actually it has happened to some people, from what I’ve heard – e.g. frames dropped when capturing with a Panasonic tapes shot with Sony – but I think that’s just an exception.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

Best camera stabilizers for video — 2021

A camera stabilizer lets you capture smooth shots without sacrificing freedom of movement. Here’s a look at the best handheld stabilizers available today.
homicide-bootstrap