DEDICATED READER FIRST FEATURE FILM

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I’ve been a loyal Videomaker reader for quite some time now. I thought some other readers might be interested but I got involved in production on a full feature film that has just been finished. We’re very proud of it and it’s for a wonderful cause. Every movie we sell $5 gets donated to the American Cancer Society, and another $3 gets donated to the New Hope Ranch, which is a ranch being built in NE Ohio for cancer patients to experience the life of a cowboy. The movie came out better than I could have ever expected. It’s something I’m VERY proud of. If you guys get a chance check out the website and the trailer, let me know what you think. Thanks guys. Keep your dreams alive!

http://www.expectamiraclethemovie.com

Inactive

I enjoyed the trailer. Can I ask what that audio clip is on the homepage? I thought my speakers were blown. Could possibly use a different sound or a portion of the soundtrack.

Good luck!

Participant

I didn’t design the website, and I’m not sure what you mean, did you have a problem with the audio, it works fine for me. Please let me know what the difficultly is for you and if anyone else is having a sound issue with the site please let me know so I can have our programmer fix it. Thanks I appreciate the feedback.

Inactive

Hey Congratulations!

The trailer and website look polished. Exactly how long was it?
      Now that you’ve finished one feature, are you excited for the next?
      And how about some details? Tell us about your schedule, crew, gear, etc.

Thanks so much for sharing

-a

Participant

The audio kinda bugged me with it moving from left to right, back and forth. I felt like I was swimming around, about to fall over. Other than that, the music was good.

Participant

The trailer and website look polished. Exactly how long was it?
      Now that you’ve finished one feature, are you excited for the next?
      And how about some details? Tell us about your schedule, crew, gear, etc

Thanks so much for the kind words from everyone. It was a trying event, to say the least. This project was almost a 2 year project, and it only took about 5 months to shoot. If anyone is attempting to shoot a full feature film I have one word of advice. Persistance. It’s not easy getting everything worked out but it is all worth it in the end.

And Yes I’m very excited to start the next one. We have three more films lined up with funding (Thank God). Because this film came out so well the next should go more smoothly. We shot the film with one DVX100, and a GL2 for some shots. Basically it was only a small amount of production people, we had more actors than production crew. I will be sure to keep everyone that’s interested updated on our progress. I’m very excited to continue forward.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap