D/C video field monitor

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 17 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

I am looking for a LCD portable field monitor that has reasonable resoloution. I am currently engaged in an out-door shoot and have the profound need for a D/C monitor. Most that I have researched seem to be to small (5.6), though I have not actually used one of these “add-ons”. I am shooting footage with a GL2 and find the 2.5 LCD to be fairly useless. A 7 to 10 inch would seem to be more appropriate. Any suggestions?

Participant

The monitor on the GL-2, while small, is big enough to see framing. If you also need to see focus, deph of field, and especially color redition then you need a CRT monitor. JVC makes one, and I think Sony does as well, that works off 12v DC. An LCD won’t give you true color.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap