Dazzle 150 vs. VideOh

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am a beginning video editor and would like to purchase reliable, good quality editing equipment for home videos and training videos for my work. Something I can transfer to DVD or my hard drive for powerpoint presentations. The most popular brands I researched were Dazzle and Adaptec. However, the opinions are split on both. Does anyone have any recommendations on these two products, or others that are available?

My system:
      Dell Dimension 8400 P4 530 (3.0GHz)
      1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 400 MHz
      160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)

128MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE
      Sound Blaster Audigy 2 THX

48x CD-RW and 16X DVD+RW

Inactive

Thanks for the reply…are you referring to the Pinnacle Studio AV/DV version 9 with the video capture card? And what size 2nd harddrive?

Inactive

So far, so good. Two more questions:

1. What is the advantage of a card over a USB 2.0 connection?

2. After checking out other reviews, many seem to have problems with the software included in the bundle? Would I be better of buying a separate video capture device/card and other software at the amateur level?

Sorry for all the questions. I am just starting out, and do not want to get frustrated right away with whatever system I eventually get.

Inactive

Once again…THANKS! I will try it out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best camera bags and cases — 2021

Finding the right camera bag or case for your gear can be challenging, particularly if this is the first bag or case you've ever purchased.
homicide-bootstrap