Dazzle 150 vs. VideOh

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

I am a beginning video editor and would like to purchase reliable, good quality editing equipment for home videos and training videos for my work. Something I can transfer to DVD or my hard drive for powerpoint presentations. The most popular brands I researched were Dazzle and Adaptec. However, the opinions are split on both. Does anyone have any recommendations on these two products, or others that are available?

My system:
      Dell Dimension 8400 P4 530 (3.0GHz)
      1GB DDR2 SDRAM at 400 MHz
      160GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)

128MB PCI Express x16 (DVI/VGA/TV-out) ATI Radeon X300 SE
      Sound Blaster Audigy 2 THX

48x CD-RW and 16X DVD+RW

Inactive

Thanks for the reply…are you referring to the Pinnacle Studio AV/DV version 9 with the video capture card? And what size 2nd harddrive?

Inactive

So far, so good. Two more questions:

1. What is the advantage of a card over a USB 2.0 connection?

2. After checking out other reviews, many seem to have problems with the software included in the bundle? Would I be better of buying a separate video capture device/card and other software at the amateur level?

Sorry for all the questions. I am just starting out, and do not want to get frustrated right away with whatever system I eventually get.

Inactive

Once again…THANKS! I will try it out.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video monitors — 2021

We rely on our video monitors to show us an accurate representation of our images throughout the production process. Here are some of the best video monitors currently on the market.
homicide-bootstrap