Cyberlink PowerDirctor 7 – Master Video Problem

Videomaker – Learn video production and editing, camera reviews Forums Technique Editing Cyberlink PowerDirctor 7 – Master Video Problem

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I have a specific project in PowerDirector v. 7 that shows blank (black)video when loaded. The PiP and audio tracks work just fine; I thougt for a moment that my software was not communicating with my hardrivecamcorder at all.

I am able to playback the same footage (samelocation “G:\SD_VIDEO”)within the library, but cannot get it to show up on the master video track. In simpler words: No camcorder footageplays properly on the timeline. Other projects that contain camcordervideoload and run just fine. I really don’t want to start over.

For those who have experience with PowerDirector, any advice?

Participant

Maybe it’s a software problem – here’s a better explanation: For some reason, Cyberlink PowerDirector changes the speed of your clips, moving the location of cuts… more simply explained, PowerDirector keeps messing up my project and making involuntary changes. Possibly a glitch with an update or patch.

Any PowerDirector experts that are familiar with this issue?

Inactive

Never heard of it but it sounds like a convoluted mess. You can’t expect muchfor $70 (although I picked up a newCorel VS11+ for $30 on eBay).

“CyberLink maintains a convenient table of compatible HDV/DV Camcorders and Video Capture Cards.”

Participant

I’m actually using a hard disk camcorder, and I’ve copied all of the source files so that my editing software is accessing it from my PC’s hardrive. This hasn’t started happening until I began installing the seemingly clunky updates. Now that I’ve saved projects with the latest packets installed, the projects only load with these updates… so I can’t remove them and continue editing with my current projects. Or, it’s possibly a problem with my computer system- Microsoft Windows. I may end up contacting Cyberlink to get support on this issue.

Inactive

There are a number of possibilities. We would need all the relevant details to diagnose the problem. I am not a tech support guy, and I don’t want to try to provide tech support on the Videomaker forums… but we do have a customer support team that can help. Cyberlink’s support is accessed through our website. We also have support forums.

They would need as much detail as possible about your source video files (and possibly a sample clip). They would also need all the details about your PC (OS version, hardware configuration, graphics card, graphics driver). Lastly, they would need the “steps to reproduce” the issue (step by step, how to recreate the problem).

Tom

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap