Cutting sporting event into many clips – ?

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 14 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Inactive

Hi,
      New to this board and lurking a couple of days. Best info I’ve seen yet.

We do live webcasting every week of equine events at arenas. The stream is recorded on our Windows server for Internet playback (WMV). If I’m lucky it’s one ASF file for each 3-4 hour event, Fri – Sun. Otherwise more fun with asx files. Anyway, we want to quickly slice the file into separate clips for each contestant so we can catalog and sell downloadables. Right now, I use JavaScript to set start times and duration to show various highlights. What is the best way to chop this file up into useable independant clips? Some marker work during capture or all post event editing?

Thanks,
      Rick
      EquineMediaWorld.com

Inactive

Saw a news clip one time of a guy shooting a basketball game. Some how he was inserting markers on the fly, kind of cataloging the events so he could seek to shots later. I can’t seem to google up any such reference to it. I think my only option during live is to stop the encoder which ends the current asf file. Great idea but I have to stitch them all together to replay the whole event but may be worth considering.

Rick

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best video editing software — 2021

In this article, we’ll go over the criteria you’ll need to consider when choosing the best video editing software for your needs.
homicide-bootstrap