Cutting in Adobe Premier CS5

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      adanchev
      Participant

Dear friends,

I have one very simple question. When I try to cut part of my project I would like the empty space to be comleted by the rest of the film. I do not understand how to do it. I tried ripple command but without success. I am teacher and I need to cut part of the clips for my lessons. it is very troublesome work to adjust the cut space. I happened to use Ulead Video Studio where it was completed automatically. Not the same with the Premier. please send me your answer on my yahoo address – adanchev@yahoo.com. If you are interesting in preaparing educatgional materials I am ready to help.

Thanks in advance.

BruceMol
      Participant

You are right, Video Studio fills that gap when a clip is cut. In the Adobe products, after you remove a section of your file, ‘right click’ in the empty space for the option to close the gap.

adanchev
      Participant

Thank you very much Bruce.

adanchev
      Participant

Dear Bruce,

I would like to make more precise sound editing. Is it possibel to extend the sound time lines for more precisous regulation of the sound tracks?

BruceMol
      Participant

Use your HELP screen to locate the ‘Zoom’ feature. There is a little slider on the bottom left (a little triangle with a line leading to a large triangle) or use the – and = keys to zoom in and out. You can make the audio line wider too by pointing you mouse to the line between audio lines, on the left side of the time line, and dragging down.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Video and Film Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Best Products

Best cameras for YouTube — 2021

So you’re all set to start your new YouTube channel where you’ll show how you create wigs for dogs with bald spots. Great! But before you get started, you’ll need a camera. We’re here to help you wade through the...
homicide-bootstrap

Need help making a stellar first video?

FREE

Download our free eBook with 8 tips to get on the right track and create a video that you can be proud of.

Giveaway

THE ESSENTIAL VLOGGING TOOLKIT

Given away to one lucky winner

Competition is open worldwide

ENTER TO WIN