CS4 encoding error, please help

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I am brand new to this forum as of like 5 minutes ago. I have a project I need to get finished and ran into a encoding/compiling error.

Here’s the deal:

I am making a wedding video that I filmed. I would say 85% of it was shot onto mini HDV while the rest was done with a camera that uses AVCHD. The problem came when I exported the ceremony clip. We shot the ceremony with both cameras (both formats). CS4 let me bring import both into my timeline and i worked with both without a problem. Come time to encode and I get an “unknown error”. I realized that it was saving the video up to the point where the AVCHD format first shows up. Sooo i copied my work and in the copy took out all the AVCHD material and walla .. it encoded.

My question/problem:

Is there any export settings or sequence settings that will allow me to have both formats in my timeline and still be able to encode the movie/scene? Or is this even my problem? Feel free to let me know what I am doing wrong or where imisspoke; I have been away from the movie editing hobby for a long time..

thanks,

Bryan

Participant

n/m I was wrong about removing the avchd content. The compiler still ran into a problem when exporting just the Sony HDV stuff.. this was my most recent error:

– Source File: …Raju2_3.prproj- Output File: ….Sequence 03.avi- Preset Used: NTSC DV- Video: 720×480, 29.97 [fps], Lower, Quality 100- Audio: 48000 Hz, Stereo, 16 bit- Bitrate:- Encoding Time: 00:11:4403/12/2009 3:26:46 PM : Encoding Failed—————————————–Error compiling movie.
      Unknown error.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

The best audio and video recorders — 2021

In this article, we’ll cover the best external recorders for both video and audio recording. Then, we’ll go over the specs we considered when making our selections so that you can choose the best recorder for your specific situation. The...
homicide-bootstrap