Critique my video please!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

HelloooO!!

I am looking for anyone with an opinion to critique my video! I am open to any kind of criticism, comment, suggestion, insult, or just a view (lol). The music video is to MGMT’s “the youth”, it’s available in 1080p πŸ˜€

thanks!

Inactive

Good job. However the video was a little to shakey for my taste. The storyline was a hard to follow. But who am I. You did a good job using graphics. Keep it up.

Participant

I think you need to ask yourself why more often – as it pertains to overlays, compositing, other effects, etc…

Edit decisions should be that – decisions – It seemed to me like the things listed above were used in a willy-nilly, ambiguous way, without thought as to the why.

Inactive

Thanks for your opinions and I think you guys are spot on – the shakiness was definitely something that irked me, and a couple of the shots did use shake reduction (esp. the very first shot when it is zoomed in) and yes I found that I had a tendency to put effects in too much, the particular one that irked me is when the girl is walking off and there are circles expanding – I just wanted to keep the attention and I suppose I went about it the wrong way.

Ultimately, this is good advice that I’m going to keep in mind for my next project! Thank you! πŸ˜€

Inactive

Hi, this is my first post.

About the shakiness, if the video is intended for the internet distribution only, I would fix it in the post, using something like “smooth cam” filter (FCP).

I like the video over all.

Inactive

Good job. I liked the video in general, but the circles expanding…yes..too much. But still the video was good, keep on, don’t stop!

Participant

Jarvis, I agree with the previous posters about shakiness, editing effects, etc. On the positive side, I found a lot of yourshooting to be very nice. I especially likedshooting toward the ground as you walked backwards. A lot of the framing in the other shots give a nice look to the video. Maybe more of your native shots and less of the effects would have produced a more enjoyable video to watch. I did like the effects at the end matching the beat of the music. Keep shooting.

Participant

Yeah, a little more of a story line would be good. The shot at :39 seconds just looks like home video; fast forward to 1:45 and its the same place but I like the effect you used here (looks like you added some contrast and saturation). I wish you had used the same effect for this same location each time you switched to the shot.

I personally didn’t mind the circles so much. I believe it was easier to get away with a lot of the things you did because of the type of free feeling coming from the song.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Best Products

homicide-bootstrap